- Applicant must be a family unit (at least one adult with at least one minor child).
- Applicant must be considered homeless by HUD definition and reside in Mecklenburg County for thirty days.
- Applicant must be employed at least 30 hours per week.
- Applicant must be free from active substance abuse for a minimum of three months outside of any residential treatment programs.
- Applicant will be given criminal background check which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis (no sex offenders or applicants with felonies within three years).
- Total household income must be less than 80% of AMI (verified by last 30 days of pay stubs).
- Applicants must be willing to provide proof of income earned and money saved while in the program.
In order to make a referral or inquire about the status of a referral, please call our Intake Specialist, Joy Saunderson, at 704.335.5488 x 2127. Completed referral packets can be sent via fax or email to:
Charlotte Family Housing
Attention: Intake Specialist
Fax Number: 704.973.0011
A completed referral packet includes the following items:
- Completed referral form with signatures from applicant and referring social worker
- Completed budget that reflects realistic picture of applicant’s income and expenses
- Copies of IDs for all adults age 18 and older, and social security cards and birth certificates for all family members
- Proof of employment and income (last thirty days of pay stubs, child support statement)
- Proof of savings (bank statement)
- Proof of full-time student status (if applicable)
Upon receipt of completed referral packet, the applicant will be contacted to complete an in-person assessment with a clinical family social worker.