- Applicant must be a family unit (at least one adult age 18 or older with at least one dependent).
- Applicant must be considered homeless by HUD definition.
- Total household income must be less than 80% of AMI (verified by any income received).
- Applicant must be a Mecklenburg County resident for at least 30 days.
- Applicant must be free from active substance abuse for at least three months outside of a residential treatment facility.
- Applicant will be given a criminal background check at time of assessment. Applicants with convicted sex offenses, felonies within the last three years and/or with pending charges are not eligible.
- Applicant demonstrates motivation to make changes in their lives and is open to partnering closely with a social worker to do so.
- Applicants must be willing to provide proof of income earned and money saved while in the program.
In order to make a referral or inquire about the status of a referral, please call our Intake Specialist, Tammie Rorie, at 980-288-0498. Completed referral packets can be sent via fax or email to:
Charlotte Family Housing
Attention: Intake Specialist
Fax Number: 704.973.0011
A completed referral packet includes the following items:
- Completed referral form with signatures from applicant and referring social worker
- Completed budget that reflects realistic picture of applicant’s income and expenses
- Copies of IDs for all adults age 18 and older, and social security cards and birth certificates for all family members
- Proof of employment and income (last thirty days of pay stubs, child support statement)
- Proof of savings (bank statement)
- Proof of full-time student status (if applicable)
Upon receipt of completed referral packet, the applicant will be contacted to complete an in-person assessment with a clinical family social worker.
Confidentiality Policy for Client Information (NC HMIS)