Charlotte Family Housing is hiring.
Please send resumes to Erin Schroeder, Director of Social Work at eschroeder@CharlotteFamilyHousing.org. No phone calls please.
Clinical Family Social Worker
To provide comprehensive, long-term supportive services to families transitioning from homelessness to self-sufficiency targeting areas of housing, employment, education, financial literacy, transportation, mental and physical health, trauma and life skills.
Team: Participates on Social Work Team
Accountability: Reports directly to Director of Social Work
- Maintain a caseload of families and matched volunteers, working irregular hours
- Maintain communication with families and volunteers through regular visits to families’ homes and/or places of employment, volunteer team meetings, and through phone and email contact
- Conduct comprehensive assessment to develop and implement a long-term plan that reflects assessment, diagnosis and treatment goals for family moving toward self-sufficiency
- Conduct psycho-educational groups with participating families
- Assist families in obtaining services from other community agencies; identify needs an coordinate assistance; network with other agencies to coordinate services
- Maintain accurate, complete and confidential records that reflect assessment, treatment and outcomes
- Collaborate with Shelter Operations staff to coordinate services provided at CFH shelter sites
- Collaborate with Hope Team Managers to facilitate communication with volunteers
- Collaborate with Housing Resource Coordinators to provide housing advocacy
- Attend weekly social work team meetings and clinical supervision meetings
- Participate on a rotating basis at Approval Committee Meeting
- Participate in professional learning opportunities and required ongoing training related to obtaining and maintaining clinical license
- Transport families in personal vehicle as indicated
- Abide by NASW Code of Ethics and agency confidentiality policy
- Attend other program-sponsored events as required
- Perform other related work as required
1. Effective oral and written communication skills
2. Demonstrated capability in knowledge and practice of social work and clinical social work skills
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with families, volunteers, co-workers, and with representatives of other agencies and programs
4. Knowledge of social services available through anti-poverty programs
5. Proficient in computer and standard office software including Microsoft Office programs
6. Reliable and dependable transportation. Must have valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
1. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one year of related experience.
2. Licensed or provisionally Licensed Clinical Social Worker in North Carolina or willingness and ability to initiate licensing process as soon as practical after beginning employment.