In light of the developments surrounding the pandemic COVID-19, Charlotte Family Housing has made some changes to its intake process. Even with these changes, we are still actively assisting working families experiencing homelessness.
- If you would like to apply for our program services, please click here
- We will use the following procedure in every possible instance:
- Intake interviews will be completed virtually or by phone (in rare cases)
- We will work to secure affordable subsidized housing for families approved into the program
- Once approved, your social worker will create a temporary housing solution for your family if the shelter is on a waitlist.
- The interpretation of our program's definition for a "working family experiencing homelessness" has been expanded to include:
- Families who were working before the COVID-19 crisis but were laid off or had their hours reduced. We will need to verify recent paycheck stubs demonstrating either circumstance.
- We will accept job offer letters if you have not started working. The offer letter must clearly state your name, start date, anticipated number of hours worked, and pay rate, on company letterhead.
- Families who were working before the COVID-19 crisis but cannot work at the present time because they are categorized as "high risk," due to age or other underlying conditions. We will need to verify this with the employer.
- We will refer families that do not meet program requirements to agencies that can more effectively meet their needs.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 980-288-0498.